Shimano Bicycle Division Limited Warranty
SHIMANO branded product:
Warrants to the original retail purchaser that the SHIMANO bicycle division product for which they received this warranty, is free from a defect in material and workmanship for a period of two years and their DURA-ACE and XTR components are covered for a period of three years from the date of original retail purchase. SHIMANO footwear, soft goods
LIMITS OF THE WARRANTY
SHIMANO’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at SHIMANO’s option.
LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Shimano be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. Some locations may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some locations may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from location to location.
This warranty in no way replaces or is an extension of a complete bicycle manufacturer’s warranty. Retailers and wholesale outlets for Shimano products are not authorized to modify this warranty in any way.
It is the consumer’s responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Shimano products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents.
2. Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the carrier).
3. Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair.
4. Damage resulting from causes other than non-conformities in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
5. Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
6. The labor required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly.
7. Normal wear to the product.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
If the part is on a new bicycle and within the warranty period provided by the bicycle manufacturer, then contact the bicycle manufacturer or the retailer who sold you the bicycle.
In all other cases please refer back to the retailer that sold you the product or contact SHIMANO at 1-800-423-2420 (US).
Please do not return any item directly to SHIMANO unless advised to do so by a SHIMANO agent.
If you are asked to send the item to SHIMANO, please select and complete the proper warranty claim form.
Package the product with the completed form and a dated proof of purchase. Using an insured, trackable method, ship to the address listed on the form. There is no credit or pre-payment of shipping, you are responsible for getting the product back to SHIMANO.
Please allow 15 business days from the date you returned the product to receive a replacement.